Tomales Bay Lodging
There’s simply no other place like this in all of West Marin: our Tomales Bay vacation rental – a beautifully renovated 150+ year old farmhouse, on 166 certified organic acres, near the town of Marshall. About a one-hour drive up the coast from San Francisco, this stretch of Highway 1 is still remarkably serene and peaceful. Our family has been farming here since 1941 and it is still a working ranch, including heifers (‘teenager’ cows) grazing in the fields behind the house. You can walk from the house to a small beach for tide pooling or to launch your kayak.
- Sleeps 10 – 4 bedrooms upstairs with Queen beds, plus a pull-out queen soft in the downstairs den (all linens included).
- 2 bathrooms (towels included) – we also supply EO Shampoo / Conditioner / Body Gel, hair dryers and other amenities.
- Living Room – stunning view of Tomales Bay, with Bose SoundTouch music system.
- Dining Room w/ beautifully-crafted table from reclaimed redwood planks
- 50″ Flat Screen TV w/ Blu-ray/DVD player (note: no cable or local broadcast reception)
- Steinway piano (1910!)
- Garden Patio w/Outdoor BBQ (propane)
- Wireless Broadband Internet (fast enough for most non-power users)
- Beautifully-Equipped Kitchen has everything you’ll need, including gadgets (such as an espresso maker, waffle iron and popcorn maker), pots / pans / baking equipment, cookbooks and a pantry stocked with variety of organic tea, spices, oils, flour, sugar and more. Plenty of plates, glasses and flatware, of course. We also have a self-serve kiosk, selling (at below-retail prices) a delectable selection of local / organic / artisan foods, including coffee, ice cream, apple juice and chocolate.
- For chilling out, the living room and den boast an eclectic library, board games, puzzles, DVDs, outdoor games and yoga mats. Use our beach towels and Igloo cooler for trips to the beach.
- Washer / Dryer, ironing board, high chair and other items to make your stay comfortable and relaxing.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: There is **no** cell phone reception on the farm. However, there is a land-line, Skype, etc.
Ask us about …
- Private Chef / catering: Available for family meals, meetings and gatherings, featuring local / organic / artisan ingredients!
- Local Tours, including West Marin Food & Farm Tours
Deep gratitude and special thanks to …
- Henry & Irene Haupt– “House Painters Extraordinaire” would be the Understatement of the Year!
- Stacy Lauer – Friend and next door neighbor, Stacy has fabulous taste, taking charge of decor and furnishings. Like what you see? Visit her store, Maude, in Petaluma. Stacy is also an amazing chef, offering our guests catered meals on request.
- Darrel DeBoer – aka The Wood Whisperer, who rummaged through piles of discarded barn wood to create the dining room table masterpiece! Not to mention creating the dining room bench and kitchen counter. Imagine the possibilities for your home!
- Daphne Edwards – aka The Garden Guru – Landscape Architect Daphne contributed her unparalleled care and commitment to sustainability, partnering up with Gonzalo Ochoa’s super-beyond-words landscaping team, to transform our gardens.
- Maria Rodale, friend and CEO, Rodale, Inc., for her generous donation of some fantastic books to our library.
- William Barrett, Realtor & Rental Agent at Seadrift Realty, for his fabulous insights and deeply-appreciated advice.
- And many, many others including: Matt Gallagher, Kevin Rowell and Pete Fibbs!
In our neighborhood: Nick’s Cove, Hog Island Oyster, Marshall Store, Blue Waters Kayaking, Tomales Bay Foods, Station House Cafe, Rocker Oysterfellas, Osteria Stellina, Cowgirl Creamery, Tomales Bakery, Bovine Bakery, Straus Family Creamery, Heidrun Meadery and so much more!