Did you know that …
- West Marin has been a major hub of innovation in organic agriculture, artisan foods and the farm-to-table revolution?
- Every Holstein cow has a unique pattern on her nose?
- WHEN: 2nd Sunday each month (spring through fall): April 10, May 8, June 12, July 10, Aug 14, Sept 11, Oct 9
- TIME: Tours start at 2:30pm – Duration: Approximately 2 hours
- PRICE: $20 / person
- SPACE IS LIMITED: 25 guests / tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Open to the public. Suitable for adults (21+). Although we don’t offer refunds for cancellations, you may transfer your spot to a friend or family member.
- TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT, AND FOR MORE INFORMATION,visit www.StrausHomeRanch.com; or contact Vivien or Michael Straus, StrausHomeRanch@gmail.com; (415) 335-6630.
Straus Home Ranch (www.StrausHomeRanch.com) – a 166-acre certified organic working ranch and vacation rental on Tomales Bay – has long been an epicenter for the environmental conservation, sustainable agriculture and organic food movements. For 75 years, the Straus family has been deeply involved protecting the land, and building a viable future for family farmers. Their contributions include the Marin Agricultural Land Trust (credited with protecting over half of Marin’s agricultural land from development), Straus Family Creamery (the first organic dairy west of the Mississippi), and the Sonoma-Marin Cheese Trail. The Ranch, which has been featured in Sunset Magazine, the LA Times, and received 50+ 5-star reviews, is owned and managed by siblings Vivien (actress & playwright), Miriam (agriculture & science teacher) and Michael aka the “Mystic Milkman” (journalist & psychic-in-training).